whole grains in the form of bread, cereal and
• Choose vegetables: raw, steamed, or juiced.
• Help yourself to four to five servings
of fruit (fresh is best, but dried, frozen, jarred,
or canned also can be used).
• Take a small handful of nuts or seeds
at a time as a healthful snack.
• Pick low-fat dairy products instead of
the full-fat varieties of cheese, yogurt, and
• Cut the saturated fat in your diet and
add leaner meats, poultry, and seafood.
• Limit oils to not more than three servings
per day, including low-fat mayonnaise, light salad
dressing, and just one teaspoon of olive oil or
Collected by: James Brotto